From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Dell Precision M6300 OK for PXI-1033 (Expresscard)

I bought a PXI-1033 chassis with 2 ea PXI-6733 and one PXI-4496.  It has the expresscard interface and controller.  The laptop that I purchased for use with the PXI-1033 does not work (it is a HP Compaq 6820s), and the HP engineering team is not making any progress on fixing it (they have acknowledged the problem, but have been unable to fix it).  It has been over 5 months, and I need to get this project off my desk, but cannot go around purchasing laptops on a whim hoping that they will work.

Is the Dell Precision M6300 a supported computer?  If not, what is?  Please don't just refer me to the old outdated NI web page that lists machines that are obsolete and can no longer be purchased.

Thanks for any help,

Dale
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,024 Views)
Dale,

I am sorry that you have been having issues with your HP computer. And since the Dell Precision M6300 has not been tested internally, we can not guarantee that it will work. However, I can tell you that we have not heard of any problems with that model to date and it has very upto date BIOS. I would also highly recommend getting Windows XP for this machine to enhance your chances of successes. Good luck, and if you find a model that works well for you please post back to this forum so it can help the other members of this community.
-Marshall R
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,008 Views)