From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing the PXI-1033

I installed the PCIe card in a X1 slot in my PC and plugged it together with the Chassis using the cable. Booted the PC. The New hardware wizard came up, but it couldn't find a driver.
I had it search all the disks that came with the chassis.
No luck. THe manual says ith drivers are on the driver disk, but no disk is labelled "driver disk". I put in the NI PXI Controller "Resource CD". Navigated to drivers.
Ran setup. This crashed my PC and it cannot boot, even
without the MXI card installed, not even in safe mode. Booting crashes and I'm returned to the BIOS startup.

This was a totally stable, clean, working PC with nothing unusual installed. Just WinXP/SP2, Office, Firefox. Not even any AV software.

I'm sunk. What do I do? Clearly it was the wrong driver, but how could a driver install prevent a PC from booting.
What was the right driver for the PXI-1033? How do I get
my PC to boot again? Reinstall Windows? Not a very encouraging start to my experience with this product!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,281 Views)
Hello kd3bj,

This would be a very good issue to contact National Instruments Support about.  You can contact support engineers here.  That way we can get all the information we need to help you! 

Thanks!

Meghan
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,263 Views)