PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Linux on a PXI-8105

Hi All,

Has anyone installed Linux on a PXI-8105 (that's the dual core 2.0GHz controller)?

I've been trying to put RHEL4.4 on there and it's just not playing.  First of all the graphical install crashes out when it tries to get pretty, so I tried the text install ('linux install text'), that worked fine until the USB keyboard quit on me.  I cured that by ('linux install noprobe text') which tells it not to probe for hardware.  The keyboard worked fine, but then it lost it's connection to the USB CD-ROM drive I'd booted off.  I got around that problem by telling it to use a network install (luckily I've got a spare machine with Linux, Apache and the appropriate ISO).

Now it boots fine, but loses the keyboard just after it starts going through init.  I can log in remotely, but getting a keyboard to work on the controller seems to be a no.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to do?  I don't mind trying a reinstall (in fact I'm going to try that tomorrow, but I don't think it'll have much effect on the outcome).

--
Graeme
--
Graeme
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,903 Views)