From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installed FlexRIO 15.1.1 still missing drivers

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

Windows freezes at log-in. Narrow it down to NI device loader. Did all the Windows update and NI update. Still didn't fix the problem. Decided to Uninstall the NI software. Installed the FlexRIO 15.1.1 did the updates. Now is missing a couple of the driver. Please help.

NI-PXIe-7961R

NI-RIO-FPGA devices show up in the device manager

Here ae the missing 4 drivers:

PCI\VEN_1093&DEV_C4C4&SUBSYS_742A1093&REV_00

thanks,

hms168

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,103 Views)

Hello hms168,

Before troubleshooting further, can you please provide some additional details regarding the hardware and software you are using?

1) What version of Windows are you using? What version of LabVIEW are you using?
2) What hardware are you using (PXI chassis and controller model)?
3) Can you please generate a technical NI-MAX report of your system and attach it to this forum?

Using MAX Technical Report to Document Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) Configuration Information:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/271F252B4EF0A2E0862570E70056A1E4

4) Can you please post a screenshot of the error message you are receiving related to the missing drivers?

Regards,

J_bou

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,080 Views)

Thank you for the reply.

Windows 7 64bit

Labview: Ni PXI Platform 14.0 for LabView Real-Time, Ni PXI Platform 15.0 for LabView Real-Time, NI-Serial 14.0 for LabView Real-Time, NI-Serial 15.0 for LabView Real-Time, NI-Visa 14.0.0 for LabView Real-Time, NI-Visa for LabView Real-Time 15.0.0, NI-Visa for LabView Real-Time 15.0.1

PXIe-1073

NI-5734

NI-PXIe-7961R

NI-RIO FPGA Device

those hardware is the best of knowledge. attach is the missing driver and Technical report.

thanks

hms168

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,077 Views)

Hello hms168,

It seems like the NI-PXIe-7961R is correctly discovered by Windows Device Manager and NI MAX which means you should have the correct drivers installed to use your FlexRIO hardware. What other cards are currently inserted into your chassis? Are they also FlexRIO cards? Please list each hardware component such that we can determine if another driver set is required.

Regards, 

j_bou

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,026 Views)

Hi thank you for helping.

So I finally fixed the dirvers it was NI PXIe-6341 was the missing drivers. Right after I install NI-DAQmx 15.1.1f3. My Windows 7 64bit freeze. I was hoping removing all NI software and drivers and start fresh would solve the windows freezing issue but it didn't. Im back to square one again. The thing I don't understand is when I turn off NI device loader in msconfig, windows run fine.  Here's the weird part, so i decided to turn on the NI deivce loader and turn off all the NI services in msconfig and windows run fine. I decided to turn one NI services at a time to see which one is conflicting with NI device loader, it turn out to be NI manager configuration. I have to choose either one to turn on but can't have both. If I do, windows would freeze.

any suggestion?

thanks,

hms168

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,009 Views)

Hello Ryyyyan,

The behavior you are experiencing is indeed very perplexing. The NI Manager Configuration service must be running for the correct operation of most NI software and hardware. I am not sure why running this service causes the OS to freeze.

1) Before troubleshooting, can we first confirm that the OS is actually freezing as opposed to hanging?

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=14592

2) Once the OS freezes, what process do you follow to recover? Is a hard reboot required?
3) Can you try removing all the PXIe cards from the chassis before running Windows off the controller? Windows freezes\hangs are often caused by connected devices (i.e. driver issues). If the PC starts successfully without any PXIe cards connected, start connecting additional cards to verify if a particle card causes\contributes to the hang.
4) Can you try temporarily turning off all firewalls and antivirus programs on your computer before starting the service?

Regards, 

j_bou

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,990 Views)

when all NI services is turn back on in the msconfig. First sign is the unit would start to slow down because the mouse cursor would start to lag and then it would stop moving. I tried crtl alt del but nothing happen. Worst case scenario, the screen would blank out. I also got a blue screen once. Then afterward, I would hit the re-set button to reboot. Unfortunately this a client's computer on a rack. I could not take all the rig apart. Far as what client told me that the unit was running, when he came back from his day off this symptom started to happen. We tried system restore but none of the restore point works. I also turn off windows defender. I had turn off all other services and left all NI Services running and that would freeze.

I also ask the client did anyone install any new hardware or software, the answer i got was he doesn't know. As this point still debating whether I should wipe everything and install Windows 7 from scratch. running out of ideas.

really appreciate your help.

thanks,

hms168

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,971 Views)

Hello hms168,

Reformatting the machine could be the quickest method for the resolving this behavior. Especially if removing hardware is not an option at the moment. However, we have no way of knowing if the reformat will actually resolve the issue. If one of the connected PXIe cards is causing the OS freezes a reformat may be helpful.

Do you know if the controller (i.e OS) is monitored by your IT department (if any) who could possibly have pushed a Windows update (or other update)?  If the unit worked fine one day and then the next day it stopped working, something must have changed in the hardware or software (as you have already deduced). If a system restore using a restore point is not possible and we do not know what changed, a system reformat may not be a bad idea.

Regards, 

j_bou

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,948 Views)

Hi j_bou,

I'm actually from the IT department. The windows update is set to auto maybe I could try to find the last windows update and removed it. Hopefully that would fix the problem. The lab bought it from a placed call superlogics and the NI equipment is setup by the lab or by the superlogics. Usually any lab equipment we try our best to help but we don't support it. If removing the last windows update doesn't resolve the issue then I may have to re-install the OS.

thanks,

hms168

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,941 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hms168

The reason that it keep freezing is becuase the DAQ card was bad.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,208 Views)