PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a multi-counter/multi-channel manual for PXI 6608 connected to TB-2715

Dear Experts,
Please help me on how to have a multi counter / multi channel on PXI-6608 connected to TB-2715 (both hardware i.e. connection and software: labview program using DAQ). Currently I managed to program only for one counter.

Thanks
Agus
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,023 Views)

Hi Agus,

If you are using two counters on one board and you want to counter two separate events, you can couple the counters into one task in Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX) in order to configure them for measurement.  I am assuming that you are using some type of Windows operating system which would make MAX available to you.  If you are counting edges on a pulse train signal, you can input one counter into the source of one channel and another into the source of another channel.  If you are using DAQmx in LabVIEW, you can open up LabVIEW and go to Help>>Find Examples.  Here you will see a list of folders that have example programs.  If you go under Hardware Input and Output>>DAQmx and Counter Measurements, this will help you get started.

In general, more information is needed on what type of measurement you want to do (count edges or measure frequency etc), what version of LabVIEW and DAQmx you are using and what operating system you are using.  Thanks!

Regards,
Vanessa L.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,009 Views)