PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup PXI daqmx vi's for NI cards.

I have searched quite a few times for information on how to set up daqmx vi's for say, a PXIe-6535 or a pxi-4110 and have not been able to find much useful information. As such, I usually open a LabVIEW example (such as Voltage-Finite Output.vi or NI-DCPower Source DC Voltage.vi) and copy the structure of the initlailize, configure, initate, close and the rest of these vi's for my programs.

Is there documentation from NI that explains the general structure for setting up and using these vi's for your pxi cards? Or are you supposed to open an example that is relavent to your needs and copy the structure of it into your program?

I'd prefer to know what each one of these vi's do and why they have to be in a certain order. And how NI recommends to strucutre them.

Thanks in advance to all who answer...

Mark

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,908 Views)

You can run the example programs as is without any modification if it suits your application. Also, you can browse through example VIs that are compatible with a specific device by selecting "Limit results to hardware" in the lower left corner of the NI Example Finder and then selecting the particular device from the Hardware pull down menu. 

RF R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,869 Views)

Thanks Bumblebee_Tuna. That is what I usually do, find an example and go from there.

And thanks for the  "Limit results to hardware" tip, I never noticed that option before.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,859 Views)