PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read PXI-1045 chassis serial number using either MAX or Labview?

Is this possible using MAX or are there any Vi's available?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,016 Views)

Hi HH,

Unfortunately there isn't any way of programmatically getting the serial number of the chassis itself.  The controller/ cards etc yes, but not the actual chassis.

It'll have to be the Mk 1 eyeball I'm afraid.

Thanx

AdamB

Applications Engineering Team Leader | National Instruments | UK & Ireland
Message 2 of 6
(4,996 Views)
How do we read the Serial number of the controller & cards from Max/LabVIEW ?  I can see vendor number and card model number in MAX, but not serial number.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,661 Views)

Hi

unfortunately using either Max or labVIEW you are not able to programmaticly acquire the serial number of either the controller or the chassis from a PXI system but you are able to acquire the serial numbers for the cards within the system.

Devices selected in max should display their serial number when selected. If you are trying to show these serial numbers within labVIEW then you can use the DAQmx Device Property Node this should have a configurable option to select serial number for any visable device on your system.

Below is a link to a knowledge base which explains this node in more detail

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/92F3F7C79579FA238625718700764F9D?OpenDocument

I hope this is helpfull to you - if you have any further queries or you still cannot display the serial numbers you desire post back and I will endeavor to help further

Thanks

Graham Green

Sr. Product Marketing Manager

National instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,651 Views)
thanks for the reply, I'll try this tomorow.  Today I removed the controller from the chassis, lots of numbers on display but i think they are serial numbers for the hard drive on one side, and the floppy drive on the other.  Do you know of any reference/ni instruictions to locate the serial number of the controller ?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,646 Views)
The serial number is a seven digit hexadecimal number that will be on a small stickier accompanied by a barcode. On the controller I have in front of me this is located near the top righthand corner of the left side pannel.

This is shown in the attached file below.

Graham Green

Sr. Product Marketing Manager

National instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,633 Views)