From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement boolean control via network

Hi,
I am developing an application by using LabVIEW 8.2 and RealTime. There is a host PC connecting to a PXI
through network cable. Application VIs are running at PXI and GUi is running at host PC. My problem is
When I config a boolean control as "Latch when release" mechanism, pass it to a shared network variable
and then to a boolean control at PXI. "Latch when release" mechanism seems not run very well. Most of the
time, no action when I press the boolean control button in my GUI. It seems that shared network variable
could not act as "Latch when release" mechanism. I checked some examples from NI. Most of examples set
the boolean control button mechanism as "Switch when press" and manually switch it status later on. I have
a bunch of such boolean control buttons in my GUI. It will be hard to handle every of them in this way.
I'd like to know whether there is an easier solution for this.
Thanks
Jason
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,716 Views)