PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement a boolean control via network

Hi,

I am developing an application. There is a host PC connecting to a PXI system through network cable. Application VIs are running at PXI. GUI is running at host PC. The problem I have is when I config a boolean control button of which the mechanism action is as "Latch when release" in my host PC. Passed it to shared network variable and to certain boolean control buttuon in PXI. It seems "Latch when release" mechamism is not transferred very well. That means shared network variable seems not act as "Latch when release" mechanism. I checked examples from NI. Most of them set boolean control as "Switch when press" mechanism and manually reset the control status later on. I have a bunch of the kind of boolean controls in the GUI. It is very hard to do like this. I'd like to know whether there is an easy to do about it.

Thanks
Jason
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,863 Views)
Hi Jason,

How are you passing the shared variable to the Boolean control in PXI VI?

Here is something to try out.

--Configure the Boolean controls on both systems to "latch until released".
--Create the shared variable (network-published) on the host PC and wire the output of the Boolean control to it.
--On the remote system, bind the Boolean control to the shared variable on the host PC. To bind to the shared variable, right click the Boolean control 
   and select properties. Then select the "Data Binding" tab in the property window. Set the "data Binding selection" option to "Shared Variable Engine
   (NI-PSP)" and browse for the path to the shared variable created on the host PC.
--With this setting, whenever the Boolean control on the remote system (PXI) reads a true value, it stays true until the value is read by LabVIEW and
    goes back to the initial (false) state.

Checkout the attached sample LabVIEW project.

Tun

Message Edited by Tunde A on 12-12-2006 05:27 PM

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,854 Views)