From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to generate Digital Pulse using PXI-6238

Dear All

I want to produce Digital pulse from PXI-6238 or PXI-6704 or PXI-6527 ( i have all these)  with DAQmx 8.7.1 in LabVIEW 7.1. when i configure a channel in any of the above cards using DAQ assistant with continuse pulse/samples or N pulse it generates error 200077

Error - 200077 occured on DAQ Assistant

Possible Reasons:

Requested value is not a supported value for this property.
The property value may be invalid because it conflicts with another property.

Property: SampTimingType
Requested value: Sample Clock
You Can Select: On Demand

i like to generate pulse  up to  10kHz or even lower

Plz guide me.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(5,339 Views)

Hi SRAZA,

Can you give a little more insight on your issue?  Does this error always occur? Can you provide screenshots of your code to show your setup?  This will help the community take a deeper look into your issue!

Thanks!

Tucker
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(5,309 Views)

Thanks a lot for looking at my problem.  When I chose N Samples or Continuous it generates a message after pressing OK “The task has currently an error....................". But works OK with 1 Samples (on demand).  As I have to generate 10 kHz digital pulse, should I use 1 sample option and loop it 10K times to get the 10 kHz pulse?  I have attached all the screen shots in PDF.

What is meant by 1sample? dose it mean on Pulse??

Thanking you once again Tucker

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(5,298 Views)

Hi SRAZA,

I see what you are saying.  It appears your card does not support a Continuous mode for Digital Output tasks.  By 1 sample on demand, this means that everytime your DAQ Assistant is called in LabVIEW, it will generate a single sample for your Digital Output Task.  I would recommend checking out the Digital - SW Timed Output.vi example in the NI Example Finder, this might be able to help you with your application.

Thanks!

Tucker
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(5,272 Views)
The specs clearly state that you have software timed digital I/O. With this, you will be lucky to get 1kHz in single sample mode. Try using the counter. Try to not use the DAQ Assistant.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(5,259 Views)

Thanks all of you for looking at my post.  Can any body tell me what is differance between 1Sample(on demand ) and  1Pulse (on demand). same for continuous and N .....

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(5,235 Views)

Hello SRAZA,

Does this help document have the information you are asking for? It shows how the N Samples, 1 Sample (On Demand), and Continuous Samples acquisition modes work for the Run Once and Run Continuously modes.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371268J-01/expresswb/acquiring_data/

Lauren

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(5,197 Views)

Dear Sir Thanks for posting. This page elobrates differecancy between 1 Sample , N and Continuous . But has not discussed Pulse ....  actully i am confussed with 1 sample and 1 pulse (demand) . My DAQ assistant give me option for 1 Sample not for 1 pulse. But on right bottom side of the DAQ assistant configuration in Help it is shown that 1 Pulse on demand is also there. My qestion is that since my HW dont have this 1pulse option so should i take 1 sample meaning for 1 pulse. in my project i need pulses..

thanks again

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(5,193 Views)
This is quite basic. A single sample (with digital I/O), is either a logic zero or logic one. A pulse is a signal with both so you would simply need two writes to output a pulse. The duration of each single sample is poorly controlled with software only timing as already stated. Is there a reason you don't want to use a counter output as opposed to a digital line?
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(5,156 Views)

Thanks a lot for this eloboration .  This mens that samples= 2 * Pulse(S) if i am right?  No i dont have any reason for using digiltal line. it was just due to lack  my knowlege at that time. now i am using Counter output.  But getting some problem . If  you can help me . I just posted at http://forums.ni.com/t5/Multifunction-DAQ/DAQ-Pulses-on-LabVIEW-Graph-Chart/m-p/3190426/highlight/fa...

Thanks once again.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(5,142 Views)