PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I programatically deploy a txt file to my PXI prior to creating a exe

The application that I am currently building requires a configuration text file be downloaded to the /ni-rt/STARTUP/ folder of my PXI, which the main VI then opens and reads.  I have been deploying the file through FTP, following each modification or update.  However I want to ensure that this downloaded file is always the most resent version.  I realize that this file could be included in the files to deploy in an exe; however in my development stages I would like to force the main VI to redeploy the most resent version of file each time it is deployed.  Is there a way to do this using the Project structure?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,850 Views)
Hello,

The easiest way to have your target use the most recent txt file is to manually "Deploy All" from your project each time it is updated, and include the txt file under your Real-Time Target in the Project Explorer Window.  That way, everytime you "Deploy All", it will deploy the VI & txt file to your target. 

There is no way to programmatically deploy a txt file that I know of.  You can possibly programmatically deploy the txt file, and this forum post mentions how you can use a VI on your host computer to ftp the files.  However, you cannot use these commands from your VI on your Real-Time target, so this method might be a little more complicated and not worth your time if it is only for development purposes.

I hope this helps!

Kameralina

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,838 Views)