PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed: NI PXI-8360 and Trigger Routing module Unknown in MAX!

Hi,

I encountered some problems with the PXI system. My PXI system is as below:

- Chasis: NI PXI-1044
- Card bus: NI PXI-8360
- 4 Aeroflex slots
- Desktop with Windows XP SP2

My problem is:
1) NI PXI-8360 is Unknown under in MAX in Device and Interferances > PXI system (External PC)
2)  NI trigger routing module is Unknown under in MAX in Device and Interferances > PXI system (External PC)

Pls refer to the snap-shot below:

As a result, i guess, this make the AF 3035 PXI RF digitizer cannot function (this instrument is like spectrum analyzer). It measure nothing even I pump signal to it. What it display is some meaningless waveform like noise floor. However, the AF3025 (this intrument is like signal generator) is working well.

I've installed the latest version of VISA: NI-VISA 4.3 - PharLap, VxWorks, Windows 2000/CE/Mobile 5/Vista x64/Vista x86/XP

I think the hardwares (NI PXI-8360 and NI trigger routing module) are already installed and can be detected by the computer as below:

But why they are not shown up in MAX? At the moment I cannot do any meaurements and it seems like the PXI have communication errors.

Pls advise what steps need to be performed in order to solve the problem. I urgently need to get the PXI system up. Appreciate if you can advise the solution ASAP!

Btw, I'm from Penang, Malaysia. Is there any technical support that I can seek in Malaysia/Singapore? If got, may I know their contact number?

Thanks.

Rgds...Donald   

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,994 Views)
Hey Donald!
You went through most of the trouble shooting steps listed in the following article, but there are still good info in the article below.  The article is very comprehensive on how to troubleshoot  the cards showing up as unknown.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/5367FB4224B3DDF586256ED30051B75E?OpenDocument

I also recommend taking out all the RF cards and just boot up the chassis with the MXI, do you still get the same problem?  Our malaysian support can be reached at
asean.support@ni.com  Thank you Donald, have a great day!

Best Regards,
Song Mu
National Instruments San Diego
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,970 Views)
Hi Song_M,

Thanks for the reply. I've contacted NI asean support and their reply as below:
-----------------------------------------------
The screenshot that you sent regarding PXI-8360 and the Trigger Routing Module with UNKNOWN chassis and slot number is the expected outcome.
This is because the 8360 is not an instrument module, and the trigger routing module is in-built in the chassis.

As for why the AF3035 module is not functioning correctly, I suggest you can concurrently ask the Aeroflex technical support for assistance.
If you are receiving signal (although they might not be correct) and not error messages, the drivers and system should be installed and configured correctly.
-------------------------------------------------

So I re-checked the AF3035 module. Eventually I found out that there are some setting errors in AF3035 module and that's why it is not functioning. I've modified the settings. Now everything is OK and the PXI station is working well.

I just wanna post up the 'solution' here so that if there is someone else happen to face the same problem in future, they'll know where to check it 🙂

Rgds...Donald
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,949 Views)
Glad everything got solved!
Thanks Donald!
Best Regards,
Song Mu
National Instruments San Diego
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,930 Views)