From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HSDIO 6552 trigger: no constant delay

Hi all,

We're trying to trigger a PXI chassis by an external AWG. It gets triggered, but the delay between the trigger edge and the PXI response is not constant, which is absolutely needed.

As a very compact example, I'll be using only one of our 6552 HSDIO cards, with a triggering line connected to the PFI0 channel, and output channel 15 to the scope. I've started from the ' Dynamic Generation Hardware Script Trigger.vi' example, and have adjusted the script as follows:

Script MyScript
repeat 100000
 Wait until scriptTrigger0
 Generate mywfm
end repeat
end Script

Now, when I apply a pulse every 1msec on the PFI0 channel, the delay between the rising edge and the output of the HSDIO is different. How can I make this delay to be constant?

Thanks,
Riemer Grootjans
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,536 Views)
Riemer,

How big is your waveform?  The hardware will not process the next script trigger until the current waveform has completed execution.  If you are sending triggers faster than the wafeform duration then you may see a variability in response time.  Can you provide some specifics in regards to sample rate, synchronization between the trigger source and the 6552 (ie are they on the same clock reference), waveform size, etc.
Message 2 of 4
(3,516 Views)
Thanks for answering. Indeed, the information I gave you was incomplete, and not representing the whole problem.
This problem is caused because we're using TClk synchronisation.

Message Edited by riemerg on 11-16-2006 03:48 AM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,506 Views)
I will start a new thread with a description of the complete problem.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,501 Views)