PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[HELP] NI MAX Error and Lockup...

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a NI PXIe 1062Q and NI PXIe 8135.  Windows 7 Professional 64-bit installed.

I removed all the NI software using the control panel and then installed NI Developer Suite 2012. As part of the install the following was installed:

NI Developer Suite Core

FPGA Deployment Option (Excluding Xilinx Compilation Tools 10.1)

Automated Test Option

I2C & SPI

NI Serial + VISA

When I start NI MAX it errors with an exception. If I continue it then locks up. All the menus are greyed out! It was working (with the error), but now it locks up completely.

I have attached the dump and log file.

Also in the rack are:

PXI-6509 DIO Card

PXI-7953R + 5734R DAQ + FPGA

CB2-1-PIPE USB controller

PXI-2503 Switch

PXI-4070 DMM

PXI-8430/4 RS-232 Card

Christopher Povey

Principle Test Systems Engineer for BAE Systems.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,711 Views)

Hi Christopher,

Can you access MAX at all? You may be having a problem with the MAX database, a description of how to reset it can be found here:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2C7480E856987FFF862573AE005AB0D9?OpenDocument

If this doesn't solve your problem, please let me know.

Ingram

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,673 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ChristopherPovey

I worked it out in the end.

The PXI chassis came pre-installed with a few cards we had ordered. I think NI installed the drivers for these cards (probably later than 2012). I then removed all the NI software from the Control Panel and installed NI Developer Suite 2012. I think the drivers clashed. I did a full system restore from the image on the drive and re-installed NI Developer Suite 2012 and it was fine.

Christopher Povey

Principle Test Systems Engineer for BAE Systems.
Message 3 of 3
(4,650 Views)