PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB problems with my PXI-8156B

Hi,
I am having trouble getting my GPIB interface to work on my PXI-8156b controller. If I run the Getting Started  wizard and click on "Verify your hardware and software installation", it passes the software presence verified, it passes the hardware presence verified but it fails interfaces sequentially verified. If I double click on the interface that failed it tells me that there is a interrupt resource conflict, however if I go to the control panel > system  and click on AT-GPIB/TNT it tells me that the device is working properly and that there is no conflict. I don't know if this is related but if I try to use MAX it tells me that the program performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. I am runnign windows 98 OS.
Any help I can get will be appreciated,
Thanks
Sal Canchola

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,295 Views)
Hi Sal,

I have a couple of links to KnowledgeBases with suggestions for you to try.

Why Does the "GPIB Interfaces Sequentially Verified" Step Fail in the GPIB Troubleshooting Wizard?
NI-488.2 Getting Started Wizard - Troubleshooting Wizard
Performing a Good NI-Spy Capture for Debugging/Troubleshooting

What version of the driver are you using?  If MAX is throwing illegal operation errors, then you may need to uninstall and reinstall MAX and your other drivers.
Robert Mortensen
Software Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(3,286 Views)
Robert, Thanks for your reply.
My driver is AT-GPIB/TNT version:1.60.0011
Also I want to clarify that the GPIB interface is part of the PXI-8156B not a separate PXI module. if this makes any difference.
I ran the troubleshooter with the NI-SPY active and cabtured the following data:
                                  STATUS            iberr
ibfind(GPIB0)            0x0100               0
ibon(0,0)                   0x0100               0
ibfind(GPIB0)            0x0100               0
ibonl(GPIB0,0)          0x0100               0

Thanks,
Sal

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,281 Views)
Sal,

My suggestion would be to reimage the controller.  You can find directions in this KB.

Message Edited by Robert M on 04-04-2006 09:40 AM

Robert Mortensen
Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,271 Views)