PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPIB configuration for a PXI-1042Q

Greetings,

Could anyone upthere help me with respect to configuring a GPIB connection with a PXI-1042Q, an embedded controller PXI-8105 and a 4278A Capacitance meter (From Agilent)? I see the device on the device manager as "PCI-GPIB". However on the "Measurement  & Automation Explorer" I don't see it. (Please refer to attachments). How can I make it appear on the "Measurement & Automation Explorer/ Devices and Interfaces"?. Also I'm very new to Labview.... How could I write a .VI that collects data from the capacitance bridge? I would really appreciate any valuable hints and/or inouts regarding this matter. Thanks.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,317 Views)
Hello Spiegel:

What do you see under PXI-System in Measurement and Automation explorer? Also, for LabVIEW I would suggest opening the LabVIEW<->GPIB example using Example Finder.
Regards,

Roland A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments

Check out VI Roadshow
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,293 Views)
Roland,

Thanks for the suggestion. I found this out on my own yesterday. However please let me ask you something. How could I change the information displayed in Scientific notation to Engineering notation? (i.e, Instead of a capacitance value of 1.00267 E-8 have it display 10.027 nF of 10.027 E-9;Also for the dissipation factor instead of 2.57658E-4 have it displaying 0.000257568). How could I pursue this? what changers must I make? Thanks in advance for all your time and consideration regarding this matter.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,284 Views)
Spiegel,

To display a numeric in a different notation, right click on the front panel indicator and select Format & Precision...  To get "engineering" notation, where you have the metric prefix for your units, select SI Notation.  To have your number display in floating point (.0000345, .023, etc), select floating point.  This will also give you the option of how many digits to view.  You can set this to display as many digits as you want, from just one digit past the decimal place up to as many as you need.  I hope this helps.  Have a great day.
Brian Coalson

Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,265 Views)