cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External clock for PXI-6143

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am trying to configure PXI-6143 to use an external clock exported from an arbitrary waveform generator (PXI-5412). I followed the example code (Fgen DAQmx Synchronization.vi) and use one of the RTSI trigger line for exporting the clock, but couldn't get it to work. When I run the attached code, it returned an error saying not enough samples were collected by the AI task, but the samples are returned correctly if I just let PXI-6143 use its internal clock. Could someone point out what goes wrong in this code, please?

Thanks!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,644 Views)

Sorry, just realized that I posted the wrong code.

Attached is the correct version with the clock source configured to one of the RTSI lines.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,640 Views)

Ok, just did more test:

1. I found out that if I export the clock to PFI0 on PXI-5412 and connect it to one of the PFI lines, the program seems to run without problem.

2. After reading the signal generator help (this link), I tried to export clock into one of the RTSI lines and use it both as clock and trigger. The program also seems to run without problem.

Does anyone know why exporting the clock to another RTSI line in addition to one RTSI line with Marker0Event exported didn't work?

Thanks very much!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,637 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author GPerr

I think I finally figured out what went wrong...

I didn't set the Marker Event through the niFgen property node. Once I set it in, the code works.

Thanks for whoever has stopped by!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,628 Views)