PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet port 2 on PXIe-8135

Hi

The second ethernet port on a newly aquired PXIe-8135 embedded controller in a PXIe-1071 chassis seem not be working. Looking through the manuals provided no solution on the setup of this. The manual states the following information about the ethernet ports:

#1: 10/100/1000 Ethernet, Intel 82579, WOL capable

#2: 10/100/1000 Ethernet, Intel 82574, not WOL capable

Two ethernet drivers seem to be installed (MAX): Intel 1000e and Intel 8254x

When booted the display screen says that the Adapter Mode for i8254x is Disabled (for i1000e the Adapter Mode is TCP/IP (auto), and it has an IP address).

I do not know how to understand this, and hope somebody will provide helpful insight and a solution. I would like to use both ethernet ports at the same time, routing one to another controller, and the other to a Veristand host PC.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,585 Views)

Hi

Me too i have the same problem with the first ethernet port (i have the same controller, same drivers ....)

but somtimes it works sometimes it' disbaled and it does not have an IP address 

Have you resolved this problem ? 

thanks 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,653 Views)

Hi,

My answer will propably come a bit late for you RRMDM, but the message of sadok06 just woke this post up.

I guess your controller is running the Real-Time OS. 

Then I do not see anything wrong with the behaviour you describe.

You have to use MAX to enable and assign a static IP to the second port.

See the document below for more info:

--> http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/67F94BB93BCE32CF86257367006B3659?OpenDocument

sadok06, this document should help you as well.

Kind regards,

Cédric | NI Belgium
Message 3 of 4
(5,625 Views)

Hi cedhoc,

Yes, I found the the solution as you describe it not long after. Thanks anyway, although late. 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,610 Views)