From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code - 89136, aquiring data in Matlab.

I have a PXIe-1071 chasse with a NI-PXIe-8133 in slote one and a PXIe-6353 aquisition cardin slot 3.

I followed theinstrucntions for aquireing data from NI hardware in Matlab:
http://uk.mathworks.com/help/daq/examples/acquire-data-using-ni-devices.html

Here is my code:

%% Displays the available devices
devices = daq.getDevices

%% Set up the aquision channels and smaple rate
s = daq.createSession('ni'); % start session
addAnalogInputChannel(s,'PXI1Slot3', 'ai0', 'Voltage'); % Input channel select
addAnalogInputChannel(s,'PXI1Slot3', 'ai1', 'Voltage'); % Ouput channel select
% s.Rate = 8000 %sample rate Hz

%% Aquire the data
s.DurationInSeconds = 2; % record for defined number of seconds
[data,time] = s.startForeground(); % aquire the data

%% Plot the data
plot(time,data);
xlabel('Time (secs)');
ylabel('Voltage')

When I run the code in Matlab I get the following error message:

Error using data_aqusition (line 12)
NI Error -89136:
Specified route cannot be satisfied, because
the hardware does not support it.
Property: DAQmx_RefClk_Src
Requested Value: /PXI1Slot3/PXI_CLK10

Task Name: _unnamedTask<2E>

Status Code: -89136

Can someone please tell me why this happens? I cant see any mistake in my code.

Cheers,
James

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,271 Views)

Hi jamesarcher,

Thanks for the background on the issue. Theres a few things to check, first can you see the PXI hardware in NI MAX. This will help identify whether the issue is software or hardware. If you are able to see the items in NI MAX, it means there may be an issue with the code or missing drivers for the cards. Here's a link that walks you through testing your PXI cards in MAX, check the "Configuring NI-DAQmx for Plug-In DAQ Devices":

http://www.ni.com/getting-started/set-up-hardware/data-acquisition/pci-pxi

Also, the PXI cards use a driver called NI DAQmx, to be safe could you download the latest version of these drivers at:

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-daqmx-14.5/5212/en/

If these steps don't resolve the problem, then it will be down to the code and it would be beneficial to contact Mathswork to help you troubleshoot.

Regards,

Soloman

Application Engineer (CLAD)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,254 Views)

I don’t think I can see the hardware in NI MAX, but I can see a PCI-GPIB device and when I scan it for instruments there non are found. I updated the NI-DAQmx to the latest version; this did not make a difference.
The error message in Matlab says to “consult the Device Routes tab in Measurement and Automation Explorer” but I cannot see the device routes tab.

Capture.PNG

Please advise how I should proceed.

Cheers,
James

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,241 Views)
Expand the PXIe-1071 listing. Doing anything with the GPIB controller is just silly.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,233 Views)

Hi Jamesarcher,

Would you kindly expand the PXI chassis, as the cards should be located underneath them. If they are not there then there is an issue driver and it'll be useful to get a Max technical support report.

Let me know if the cards are under the chassis in MAX.

Thanks,

Soloman

Application Engineer (CLAD)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,191 Views)

Hi,

I am having a similar problem when coding in MATLAB, I see the exact same error message, I am trying to continuously read the position of an encoder which is wired to channels PFI8-PFI10 on my NI USB-6341 . I can see my daq in NI MAX, and I have attached the schematic of some of the routes to this message since (from what I can gather) that is related to this issues. If I should be starting a new topic please let me know, I thought it would be better to consolidate.

Please let me know if I can provide more information

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,075 Views)