PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error adding software to PXIe controller

Hello. I have a PXIe-8135 controller. I am trying to install software but encounter the following error.

I have disabled firewall and also changed my IP address accordingly so that my computer is under the same subnet with the PXI but still encountered the same error. The IP address of my PXIe is 169.254.156.191 / 16, so I changed mine to 169.254.156.193 with subnet mask 255.255.0.0. I used this method by directly connect cable from the PXI to my laptop. Pinged both IP address and got replies. Isn't this method correct, is it?

I even tried using router and used two different LAN cable. I pinged both IP address using command prompt and got replies. But still encountered the same error. Or is it my hard drive damaged or something?

Thanks in advance.

Picture1.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,572 Views)

I can see from your post that the PXI you are communicating with has an IP of 192.168.x.x

Have you tried resetting this via the DIP switches on the controller or manually changing the IP of your computer to the same subnet?

Remember to ensure that the controller is powered down before you remove it from the chassis.

Ingram | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,534 Views)

Hi Ingram,

Actually that one was a mistake. From there, I changed from using a WiFi router as a medium, to directly connect the Ethernet cable to my laptop (since I don't have the password for the Windows and no permissible access to it). Hence, I have the IP of 169.254.156.191 with subnet mask of 16 on my PXI, so I changed the IP at my laptop to the same IP except the last one. Disabled the wireless adapter. Also had my firewall disabled. But still, I faced the same error.

I'm just an intern (this is why I don't have the password) and my task is to try run my VI on RT at this PXI. Do I need to do things like this link suggests first? Or is there any other way I could solve my problem?

https://forums.ni.com/t5/PXI/convert-PXIe-8135-controller-to-dual-boot-Windows-7-and-LabVIEW/m-p/305...

Thanks in advance, sir.

PXI switch 1

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,524 Views)

Hi Faizeen,

Are you trying to dual boot your system?

Have you taken all the steps outlined in this KB article? Just to ensure things like the hard drive formatting are correct.

Make PXI Controller RT

Ingram

Ingram | CLA
Message 4 of 4
(2,504 Views)