From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 446901 when booting PXI

Hello,

I have a PXI system with the following configuration:
Chassis PXI-1042Q
Controller PXI-8106
I/O PIX 6723 and PXI 6224

Now it happened the that when booting the system, this error was shown.
"System error kernel 446901 Bad exception disposition"

This error was only visible when a screen was plugged to the PXI, not in MAX.
In MAX, I could not even see the PXI system.

My solution was to take off the hard disk from the PXI, attach it to another computer, format it and put it back into the PXI.
Now, all the installation of software and devices had to be done again.

Is this a know problem? It happened twice to me in the last 4 weeks and reinstalling the complete systems every time isn't nice.
It would be good if anyone could tell me if there is another way to repair the system if this error occurs.
Or if there is a way to completely avoid this problem, this would be helpful too.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,405 Views)
Hello Christian,

I searched extensively for this issue, but the only thing which I could find is the following:

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=311602

But this doesn't seem to be the same as what you are describing.

Maybe there is a defective sector on the harddisk or the memory is faulty?

If the issue occurs again, please do a complete surface-check of your harddrive.

Please let me know if the harddisk-check returns any results.

With best regards

Ralf N.
Applications Engineering

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,375 Views)
Hello Ralf,

thank you for your reply.

I a, not sure if the hard disk may be the problem. When this problem occured the first time, I changed the hard disk. With the new hard disk, it works for several weeks but now, the same error showed up. I have reformated this new hard disk and all is fine again.
Maybe this is a problem of the IDE controller or something that destroys the file system.
When the problem should occur once again, I will try to do a surface-check of the hard disk.

Best regards,

Christian
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,351 Views)