From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -1074126843

Error -1074126843 occurred at niFgen Create Waveform (DBL).vi

Possible reason(s):
The waveform length is invalid.

Channel : No Waveform Data.

I am a freshman and I am learning to create waveform from text to the AWG recently. It is ok when I just run the part of Attachment1 Vi. However, it happens the above Error when I try to put this small part into the Attachment2 Vi. In this case, the PXI-5451 AWG in remote system is used. I am confused about this error.

Thank you for any replies about this question.

Vincent

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,243 Views)

For the niFgen Create Waveform.vi, you must normalize the waveform data points in the array to between -1 and +1.  What values does your array contain?  If you connect a random array of values between -1 and 1 does the error go away?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jon F.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,216 Views)

Dear Jon F,

Thanks for your reply. Attachment is my waveform file that to be input to the Vi and the error still exists.

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,198 Views)

Pay special attention to the length of your data array.  I tried this myself, and replicated the error.  However, I received this error when my data array had an odd number of points.  If I used an even number, it ran without issue.  I'm not sure why this is the case, but it mentioned a minimum step for number of points as 2.  If you need to, use an indicator on your data array to verify exactly what it contains.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jon F.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,168 Views)

Thanks for your impatience. I have tried the data array with even number points but the error still occured. Could you give a example of your input data array if possible.

Thanks.

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,136 Views)

Hmm I think there must be something wrong with the array that you are building from the text file.  I attached the vi I used.  You can play around with the build array function and see if you can't reproduce your error on this vi.  Also, a screenshot of your error message may be helpful.

Jon F.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(5,117 Views)

Dear Jon F.

I found that there was no error when I just used this code to generate waveform. However, the error occured when I tried to input my text file to AWG which was in Remote Systems. I guess that my text file is in my computer, and something wrong happened when I tried to input it to the Remote Systems. The vi can not read the text file when the vi connected the AWG in the Remote Systems. However, it can read the file when this vi did not control the real AWG in the Romote Systems. But I still confused what can I do. I just want to create a waveform by my waveform file and input it to the PXI-5451 that is in Remote Systems. Besides, I found I can not use matlab script in VI when it is connected to the Remote Systems.   

I am not sure if I have described clearly and thank you for your attention.

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,098 Views)

So it sounds like you are experiencing a problem trying to create a data array on your target from a text file on your host PC?  Unfortunately RT systems are not my specialty.  It may help to re-post the now narrowed down issue in the LabVIEW RT discussion board.  As long as you get the data into the correct array format you won't see this fgen error.

Jon F.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(5,083 Views)