Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 0XFFFB388E

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have a problem with my chassi PXI 1045. The configuration is the following:

PC --> PCIE-8361 --> PXI-836 --> PXI-1045

I am going on MAX software, right click on "chassis (unidentified)", identified as, and PXI-1-45. Then I have the following error message:

"Error 0XFFFB388E - This chassis has been identified but is not described in the pxi(e)sys.ini for this system.  An error occurred enumerating the chassis."

I made a research on this error and I found this page: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/5485414DD262AD75862578B000793445

I don't have Labview Real time, but my PXI platform services is the version 14.0. I think that is not my problem.

Do you have an idea, or do you have the chassis.ini file associated to the PXI chassis? Maybe it can solve my problem?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,688 Views)
Solution
Accepted by MBD

Hi MBD,

You are correct. You are not connecting to a real-time target. You are just expanding the PCI slot of your computer. (PXI actually stands for PCI Extension for Instrumentation!)  However, you do want to ensure that your PXI Platform Servcies and VISA drivers are compatible. Also, you might want to try a repair install of PXI Platform Services.  Perhaps the driver didn't install properly.

Message 2 of 4
(5,672 Views)

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

An update of the drivers fixed my issue.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,661 Views)

Hi MBD,

That's great!  Please mark it as correct then.  Kudos are never a bad thing, either!  🙂

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,654 Views)