From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edge trigger of two PXI digitizers not right with tclk

I have two digitizing (scope) PXI modules (5114).  Using the example niScope EX Multi-Device Configured Acquisition (TClk) I can sync the two scopes; however, the edge trigger doesn't seem to work.  I can select the edge to be on rising or falling but the traces that are returned don't come back as if they were triggered properly (instead the phase is just random).  If I set the trigger level too high it won't trigger at all (and times out) so it seems that the trigger is working, but the traces that are returned do not have the trigger crossing at the right place (instead it is random).

Should edge triggering work with the TClk?  What could be causing the traces returned not synced with the trigger level.  I didn't make any changes to the example application.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,363 Views)

Hello, exactly what triggering mode are you using?  What is your application?  How do you have your device setup (chassis, cards, controller, etc.)? And have you modified the example code at all?  What is the frequency of your input signal?  

Thanks,

Jonathan R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,250 Views)

I am using the edge triggering on the rising or lowering edge.  Trigger level at 0V.  I have two 5114 modules in a PXIe-1073.  I am sending in two sine waves at 1 and 2 kHz in to channel 0 of both units.  I have not modified the code at all.  I clearly get a trigger (it doesn't timeout like it does if I put in a trigger level too high), but the rising edge (or lowering edge) is not in the center of the plot, it appears at a different part of the x axis everytime I aquire a signal.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,207 Views)

Hello,

How do you have your scope physically set up?  Also, this may be an expected delay with TClk.  Please take a look at these two links as resources:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/6266262CC378D99A86257C6E0083AB3A

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/3675/en/

Thanks,

Jonathan R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,185 Views)