From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digitizer Selection

Hi all,
I'm looking for a digitizer that has capability of measuring up to 300Vp-p and up to 1.5MHz sinusoidal waveform, and can be installed on a 3U PXI chassis. Anyone has any recommmedation on which vendor to use.
Thanks
Dan
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,956 Views)
Hey Dan!

One way to go about measuring your signal would be to use a 100:1 attenuator probe (They are quite easy to find). Once you have the voltage down to 3V range we could use one of our digitzers.

I do not know what kind of resolution you are looking for but the PXI 5922 has excellent resolution. It is able to adjust the resolution (between 16 and 24 bits!) based on the acquisition rate to give you the best possible resolution for the speed at which you are acquiring the signal. It is one of our more popular digitizers.

If you are looking for a low cost digitizers (that get the job done) you could try the PXI 5102. It has a 15 MHz bandwidth and has 8 bits of resolution.

If you are looking for good resolution at high speeds, the PXI 5122 can sample up to 100 MS/s and has upto 14 bits of resolution!

These digitzers come with soft front panels that get you up and running quickly AND they were seamlessly with LabVIEW to give you complete control over your data.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Regards
Malay Duggar

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,941 Views)

Hi Malay,

I guess I have to weight all factors before making a decision. I have been looking at digitizers from ZTEC Instruments and Aquiris that would satisfy my bandwidth and voltage requirements. But I could use a little more accuracy than +/-1.5% of full scale. And I was hoping that a company out there would have it available with a higher resolution. Anyhow thank you for your suggestion.

Regards

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,930 Views)