From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Develop vs Deploy

I am looking for some guidance in how I should handle the following situation.  I just ordered a PXI system (have not yet received) and I specified one with an integraded controller PXIE-1073 and cable/card to PCIe.  What I need suggestions for is that I specified the PCIe card because this is what the computer that will be running in prodcution requires.  However, I will be developing with my Laptop that has all the developer suite software on it.  This will be a deployed TestStand system.

I am looking for some alternate solutions to purchasing an Expresscard if possible (BTW, will the ExpressCard-8360 be compatible).  I'd also like to not have to install all the software on the produciton PC.

Is it possible to use some remoting system that will be transparent when it get deployed?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,412 Views)

Hi Paul,

The ExpressCard-8360 will be compatible with the PXIe-1073 chassis so you can use your laptop with the PXIe-1073 chassis. There is no alternate to the ExpressCard for using the laptop to control the chassis.

Once the chassis is on the production floor, the computer it is connected to via the MXI interface can be remoted into.

Sunaina K.
Product Marketing Manager for CompactRIO & TSN

Making the intangible, tangible
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,393 Views)

@SunainaK wrote:

Hi Paul,

The ExpressCard-8360 will be compatible with the PXIe-1073 chassis so you can use your laptop with the PXIe-1073 chassis. There is no alternate to the ExpressCard for using the laptop to control the chassis.

Once the chassis is on the production floor, the computer it is connected to via the MXI interface can be remoted into.

Hi Sunaina,

Can you describe the remote interface?  Will my Labtop, that has development software, access the chassis via a remote connection to the test PC connected to the chassis be transparrent so that when I deploy my TestStand sequcne to the acutal test PC that it will be transparrent?  I haven't accessed a chassis this way and I'd like to be prepaired in advance.

Thanks,

Paul

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,390 Views)

I think they are saying you can use Remote Desktop or the like to access the test computer from your laptop.  From there you can play with the PXI modules.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,387 Views)