PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daqmx

Hello,
I am writeing a program which is very large and am struggling. What happens if you set up a state maching and start and stop Daqmx tasks. Do you miss data?

I am writing a program which collects data for 4 actuators ( motor , Brake, Encoder) I am collecting 9 points on each actuator.  I am very confussed. If I create a task out side the loop so I don't start and stop the task I can't do more than one set of data. I get errors that basically say I have a task using the same resource. If I put it all into one task thats no different then the Daq assitant.

I have to believe this is something others have done. What am I doing wrong? what am I missing?

Thanks
Scott
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,074 Views)
Hi Scott,

I'm assuming that you are doing an analog input acquisition on each of those actuators.  On the E-Series and M-Series data acquisition boards, only one analog input and one analog output task can be run at any given time.  There is a KnowledgeBase article here that refers to the error you are receiving with some suggestions on how to modify your code.

Regards,
Andrew W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,064 Views)
Thanks Andrew
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,051 Views)