From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosstalk on NI PXI-2575

Hi everyone,

I am currently using two NI PXI-2575 196-channels multiplexers and I have a crosstalk issue. I am using them as switch-modules (aka. demultiplexers) to deliver a pulse-signal on the COM-port (pin 173) consecutively to the other channels for calibration of some boards. Whenever I start sending pulses on the COM port, no matter if it is linked (via LabVIEW using NI SWITCH) to another port or not, I always have huge crosstalk on all the other channels.

NIforum.png

Do you have any idea where this could come from? Before lending these multiplexers (I have not bought them yet, as I wanted to make sure that they were working the way I want them to), I have asked an engineer from NI, who told me that using them this way should be no problem.

BTW all grounds are connected (pulser, oscilloscope and chassis (NI PXI-8335). I have already tried not connecting the pulse signal to the scope to reduce it's possible impact, but it does not change anything. May that be some shielding problem?

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,974 Views)

Hi, 

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3953/en/

You should read that, before u use the switch cards.

Maybe it's the bouncing relays.

Best regards

Matijas

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,797 Views)