From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling multiple relays on PXI 2569 simultaneously using LabVIEW

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me how do I control multiple relays in the PXI 2569 general-purpose raley module? I can't find the example for it. At the moment, the example I have is for controlling individual relay which is only for open/close one relay name at a time.

However, I need to use all the 100 relays and they got to be controlled at the same time.

Kind Regards,

Kieren

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,181 Views)

Hi Kieren,

Think about it as if it was multiple digital outputs you were trying to control simultaneously.

You could control them with numerous boolean switches. Or this could be changed to numerous boolean switches within a loop where the digital outputs will all change simultaneously.

Another way of doing this could be with variables.

Will you be needing to control all the relays every single time? Or will you just need to control only certain relays each time? Ie, when one changes do they all need to change? Or will they need to change independantly? 

Hope this helps. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Kind Regards

Michael
NIUK Application Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,152 Views)
Hi Michael, Thank you for the reply. I need to control only certain relays each time and they need to be changed independently. I am not really sure how to use the variables or boolean switches to control them. They are also some drivers in the NI Switch. I am trying to get done something that is simple and works. Is there any example on how to control multiple relays independently? Also, what about using case structure? Kind Regards, Kieren
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,118 Views)

Hi Kieren,

Did you ever solve this? I'm surprised at how little documentation is available for switching multiple relays, I'm trying to do this exact same thing at the moment with the same card. There must be a better way than parallel loops?

Many Thanks,

Joel G
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,458 Views)

I am trying to write a code to switch some relays from the PXI 2569 board, but I am not getting sucessfull at that.

When I use the DAQ Assistant to configure and select the relays I wanna switch the code doesn't is effective.

Is there another way to switch some relays from PXI 2569?

Does someone have an example?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,156 Views)

I've got the same card & trying to do the same thing...did anyone ever figure this out?!?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,780 Views)

The attached snippet doesn't seem to do the trick.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,777 Views)

There's a discrepancy between the simulated NI2569 & the real card. The simulated device gives access to 3 ports with lines, not k0 to k99.

Any reason for this or should this be addressed with a CAR?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,765 Views)