PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring PXI System: No system appears in 'Remote Systems' in MAX. How do I configure a PXI system

We have a new PXI system (PXI-8145RT Series). When connecting (through a hub) to a host PC (running Windows XP SP2, Firewall disabled, DHCP disabled), we get no systems in the Remote Systems part of MAX. If anyone has a solution, we would be most grateful.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,981 Views)

Hi Crow,

Have you used a straight through Ethernet cable (i.e. not a crossover)?

When you boot the PXI into Real-time, does it display its IP address on the screen?

What is the status of the ACT/LINK led's on the Ethernet connection on your controller?

Regards,

Seamus

NIUK

Message 2 of 3
(3,969 Views)

Hello Seamus,

Thank you for your response. I have managed to get it communicating with the host PC now (albeit in safe mode - won't communicate in 'normal' mode).

I am thinking that it is because I haven't configured my PXI system. When I identify the PXI system as a PXI-8140 RT series and the chassis as a PXI-1031, the chassis appears as unconnected with a message

'This chassis has been identified but is not described in the pxisys.ini for this system. This chassis was not present in the system during PCI enumeration'

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,955 Views)