PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration of host PC and PXI target

Hi.

I would like to configure and run application on PXI target controller. Available versions

(On host. PC)

Windows 10 LV 7 , LV 8, LV 8.6, LV 2014 DAQmx 8.6, DAQmx 9.3.5 (Hardware)

PXI 1042 (chassis) PXI 8187 PXI 6289

(On PXI  target )

LVRT 9 is on the PXI target.

I installed LV 8.6 and DAQmx 9.3.5 on hostPC and from where i installed DAQmx9.3.5 to PXI Target. On the MAX 5 i can see the chasiss 1042 and its card 6289 and test panel is running acquiring on signal from channel 1 of SCC68 connector box. But the problem is i cannot see real time application biuilding option on LV8.6 initial dialogue. So that i can design vi and make it startup on target. Where is my fault ? Can anyone please suggest step by step installation procedure and versions. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,445 Views)

SnowBoy,

first of all your W10 operationg system is not supported with any of those LabVIEW versions listed below (see http://www.ni.com/white-paper/52818/en/). Furthermore, the key for success is to install LabVIEW with RT module to your host PC then some drivers in version supported by your OS, PXI controller and LabVIEW and finally you must have same version of LV on you host PC and RT PXI. The easiest way is to format RT controller from MAX and reinstall the RT driver (operation that thakes around 5 minues).

CLA, CTA, CLED
Message 2 of 2
(2,397 Views)