PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chroma 52911 randomly freezes

We are using Chroma variable power supplies in a pxi-1010 chassis. When a subvi to turn the power supply on is called the vi will randomly freeze. It only freezes maybe 1/20 times that a power supply is turned on or off. Any ideas?

Win 2000
Labview 7.1

Thanks,
Brian
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,274 Views)
Hello Brian...

This already happened to me before...
Please note that Chroma's llb files are meant for LV7.0.
You might want to open all vi's front panels of Chroma using LV7.1 and save a copy of the said vi's (to another llb file).

Hope that this will help.

Good Luck...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,270 Views)
Hi Brian

Did you fix your problem with Chroma freezing? Because I am seeing something similar, except I have a PXI 52912.
It freezes sometimes when I start everything up, if I step through the Chroma VIs it initializes OK. If I run it
without trace it freezes i in 10.
I've tried talking to Chroma, but no response as yet.

I've got a PXI-1045 rack,
XP, Labview 7.1 & TestStand.
Ta
Kevin
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,076 Views)
Kevin,

We have fixed our problem but its not exactly clear how.  We did have win 2000 and upgraded to XP which dramatically helped the problem but it still froze once in a while.  We then got a new computer and the freezing has all but gone away.  I'm not sure if the improvement can be attributed to this or something else.  I guess this isn't much help but I have a few contacts at Chroma that were very eager to help me.  Try calling Ryan Villamor at (949) 421-0355  ext. 207 or Sean Husband at (949) 421-0355 x208.   The are both sales engineers at Chroma in Irvine.

Brian
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,011 Views)
I have a Chroma 52914 model that has the same freeze up problem on start-up. If I wait about 30secs it will start responding.
I am using Labview 8.0 and the instrument driver from Chroma. I am also waiting for some engineering support on this issue.

This is not the only problem with this unit. Chroma has an exe which can be used to operate the supply, and it seems to work OK.
For operation from Labview, they have an example VI, but I can't seem to get it working. It will freeze up on some of the dialogs if you
click more times than expected, for example.

Has anyone got this working? All I really want is to set a current limit and a voltage for each channel, but I can't get the "DC supply" mode
to do anything. I don't even see a place to plug in the current, voltage. The only feature that does anything for me is the sequencer mode,
and that is probably more than I need.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,767 Views)
I was able to fix my freezing problem by using a different subvi to initialize the unit.
Chroma's example used a vi which allowed the user to select which supply if more than
one existed. Eliminating this vi and directly using their init vi fixed the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,733 Views)