PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot execute a VI on PXI-1042

I have a PXI-1042, and few VI files that run on my old computer with LabView 7.1 installed. I can run my VI's on the PXI system if I select it as an Execution Target in a LabView start window.

I'm trying to upgrade a computer that runs LabView 2010. I used an old CD to install LabView Real-Time Embedded Software 7.0. That's old, but I could not find any updated version of
Real-Time for MAC OS. I configured my PXI-1042 with remote system explorer. When I run LabView 2010, it does not show me Target options in the start window. 

Does anyone knows how to set up PXI-1042 on a MAC and to run VI's on it?

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,991 Views)

The most recent version of LabVIEW Real-Time is 7.1 (http://www.ni.com/support/labview/lvtool.htm#real-time). It's possible that LabVIEW RT will work using a host computer running 2010, and the target running 7.0, but it's likely that this combination hasn't been extensibly tested. This is because LabVIEW 7.0/7.1 was no longer having any further development by the time LabVIEW 2010 came out, so inter-communication between them may hit some snags, as you seem to have found. I'm going to look into whether it's possible to get these two systems working together, but in the meantime you might want to try another combination of software. If you want to continue development on your Mac with Real-Time, you could try to get a hold of LabVIEW 7.1 for MAC OS. I'm not sure specifically what hardware you have, but Real-Time 7.0 supports only the devices listed in this article: 

Data Acquisition Support on Mac OS X 
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/24E9CAF832E14A9E86256D260074A699 

Unfortunately, since development was stopped for Real-Time on MAC OS after LabVIEW 7.1 you might be restricted to using Windows to do further development for your Real-Time PXI. I hope this was able to answer some of your questions!  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,983 Views)