Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we run LabVIEW as a background process

Can we run LabVIEW as a background process
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21
(7,266 Views)
Hey!

Are you trying to run a LabVIEW VI or EXE as a background process, or LabVIEW itself as a background process?  If it's a VI, then there are several KBs that outline how to do this.  Check out this one:

Hidden LabVIEW Window

Take a look at that thread and repost if that isn't what you meant.  In the future questions about LabVIEW that don't have any hardware will more have more attention in the main LabVIEW forums.

Have a great day!
Andy F.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 21
(7,249 Views)
Hi
    Running a VI as a background process is not difficult I can do it using FPWinOpen property of VI object.
    I want to run LabVIEW application in the background.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 21
(7,240 Views)
Can you tell us why you want to run the LabVIEW Development Environment as a background process? If your reason is related to this online Knowledgebase, then it may be of help to you.

Kind Regards,
E. Sulzer
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21
(7,233 Views)
Yes the same thing I want to do using C#.net. I've to see how I can do that.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21
(7,226 Views)
Hey
Im not able to find out how i can run LabVIEW application as a service through my C#.net application....
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21
(7,223 Views)

The Windows function used in the Knowledgebase I referenced is only effective on Windows 9x systems, so if you are using a newer version of Windows, it won't work for you. Running LabVIEW as a service is really more of an OS question than a LabVIEW question, and I'm afriad I don't have any experience with this. LabVIEW can be treated like any other application when it comes to calling it as a service from C#, so I would try searching online for a solution. Perhaps if anyone else on the forums has experience with calling LabVIEW as a service on newer Windows versions, they can share their experiences.

Kind Regards,

E. Sulzer
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21
(7,210 Views)
Hiii,

I want to run my LabVIEW application as a background process, is it possible? if it is, then how?
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21
(6,927 Views)
Hi Nishant,

Have you tried any suggestions from the above posts? If these suggestions do not work, what is the problem associated with it (i.e. is there a more specific problem than just 'how to run LabVIEW as a background process')?

Michael K.

| Michael K | Project Manager | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments |

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21
(6,898 Views)

Hiii, Michael

Actually these all suggetions are about to hide the normal exe file, but what i am asking is aobut any method in LabVIEW, which directly do the same thing and when i make the exe it always make it like when the LabVIEW exe runs, runs as the background process.

Thanks,

Nishant

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21
(6,887 Views)