From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the PXIe-6341 drive solid state relays?

I have a PXI rack with a PXIe-6341 and was wondering if this module will drive 5v solid state relays or if  I need to

use a relay driver IC between the relay and the DIO lines.

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(6,326 Views)

The spec for the 6341 states a digital output drive current of 24mA.  With that, you should be able to drive most SSRs.  But do check the control currents just to be safe.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(6,322 Views)

Are there any Labview examples showing how to use the PXIe-6341 to drive solid state relays?

Links would be appreciated

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(5,317 Views)

Do a search in the LabVIEW Example Finder (Help->Find Examples).  You will want to find some DAQmx example that uses Digital Output.

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 17
(5,311 Views)

I found an example that worked really well as it had both inputs and outputs for the

PXI-e 6341 (and other devices) but I seemed to have misplaced this VI and can't find it now

as it didn't automatically save itself on my PC as far as I know...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(5,276 Views)
You really don't need any other example than the ones that come with LabVIEW.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(5,268 Views)

If there is a VI behind the NIDAQmx Test Panel for the PXI-e 6341, I would love to see it...

I have this device set up in my system and can see it in NI MAX but I am not sure how to

set it up for Digital outputs and then how to toggle the individual output lines in each of the ports...

Where can I find information on doing this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(5,262 Views)

Look for the Digital - SW-Timed Output.vi in the Example Finder.

GCentral
Message 8 of 17
(5,257 Views)

Thanks

The Look labview 2014 version of Digital - SW-Timed Output.vi errors out but the 2013 version doesn't.

But neither one works. Looks like it wasn't written for the 6341 module.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(5,247 Views)

The  Digital - SW-Timed Output.vi lists the PXIe-6341 as a device that can use this VI

but when I run it I get the following error:

============================================================

Error -200463 occurred at DAQmx Write (Digital 1D Bool 1Chan 1Samp).vi:6940001

Possible reason(s):

Specified read or write operation failed, because the number of lines in the data for a channel does not match the number of lines in the channel.

If you are using the Digital Waveform datatype, make sure the number of lines in the digital waveform matches the number of lines in the channel. If you are using boolean data, make sure the array dimension for lines in the data matches the number of lines in the channel.

Number of Lines in Channel: 1
Number of Lines in Data: 8

Task Name: _unnamedTask<2>

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(5,240 Views)