From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there published Calibration Procedures for PXI-5600, 5620, 5610

I work in a Calibration Lab using CalExec 3.2.2.  We are calibrating some PXI-5600, 5620, and 5610 units.  I can run the calibrations just fine using the CalExec program; however, our QA program requires us to validate the results of CalExec with current NI cal procedures and Specification sheets.  For the 5600 and the 5610, in particular, there are a lot of specifications that are not checked in the CalExec procedure.  For the 5600, CalExec checks the amplitude and timebase accuracies, but does not verify Spurious Responses, TOI, Residual Responses, etc.  Is there a reson why the only specifications checked are the amplitude accuracies and the timebase?

Thank you in advance for your time!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,692 Views)
Hello Bench_Tech,
Calibration Executive will check and adjust all the parameters of the PXI-5600 and PXI-5610 that are able to be adjusted and that can move over time. These paremeters are validated in manufacturing production tests and CalExec checks and adjusts gain and amplitude accuracy as these are the only parameters that are expected to possibly change over time. Calibration Executive does not check the full suite of specifications for the products it calibrates, it verifies those parameters which it is designed to check and adjust if necessary.

Regards,
Andy Hinde
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,682 Views)
I need the pxi-5600 Calibration Procedures too,can you publish them ?I want to write the Calibration software myself.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,405 Views)
Hey yipufei,

You can find the PXI-5600 Calibration Procedure in the Calibration Executive Help. You will see the procedure if you look under Device Calibration Procedures » Modular Instruments » RF Devices » NI 5600 Calibration Procedure.

Calibration Executive Help
http://digital.ni.com/manuals.nsf/websearch/675680889937EF24862572B20069C4F0
Regards,

Chris Delvizis
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,387 Views)
Chris_D:
   Thank you very much!
       But I want to develop my own calibration software as manual calibration procedures,I need documented calibration procedures with detailed information for 5600 .

yipufei
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,370 Views)
Hey yipufei,

Unfortunately, National Instruments does not publish any other detailed calibration procedures for the 5600. Hopefully you can get the information you need form the Calibration Executive help file.
Regards,

Chris Delvizis
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,352 Views)