PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert! Error Initializing PCI express slot 4 (for a PCIe used in the PXI chassis 1033)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I having problems with my PXI system. When I try to communicate with the chassis 1033 using its PXIe card my computer does not recognize it (the PC displays the following message during the booting step: "Alert! Error Initializing PCI express Slot 4). It worked just fine before, but the chassis was disconected with the PC turned on. I've read that this may cause communication crashes, but I did not find a good source to solve this problem. Could anybody help me with this issue?

Thanks a lot!

Victor

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(15,158 Views)

Just some additional information.

1) The chassis is turned on when I see this error mesage!

2) The connections seems to be fine!

3) The link lead is red, which according to the manual means that " Link corrupted due to MXI sideband signals"

4) My computer has only one PCIe slot, so I can not test my card in another slot. However, is it possible that the PCIe can be damaged just by turning of the PXI chassis with the PC turned on? It does not sound reasonable to me, and I hope is just a software problem.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(15,157 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Victor-

Hey Victor,

Can you check a couple things for me? One, can you try disconnecting the cable between the PXI and the PCIe cards, and try rebooting your machine. When you do this, do you still see the message? I know you indicated in your first point that the chassis is turned on when you see the error message, so I'm just trying to clarify what you mean by that. 

Also, it's pretty easy to plug a MXI express cable in upside down, so even though in point 2 you said that the connections seem to be fine I'd double check to make sure the cable is plugged in correctly. Do you have any additional cables you can test out?

Justin E
National Instruments R&D
Message 3 of 4
(15,124 Views)

Justin,

Thanks a lot for you help. It is working now.

Victor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(15,078 Views)