PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APS Shaker and amplifier work with PXIe-1071

Solved!
Go to solution

Recently we purchased a APS 113 shaker and APS 125 amplifier for our new research project. We want to use NI PXIe-1071 controller system to control the shaker via amplifier.

NI PXIe-1071 >>>  APS 125 Amplifier >>> APS 113 Shaker

Aps asked us to use Spektra VCS 403 (Vibration Control System) for this case. When we tried to use this software, there is an "Open loop" error. But every things connected very well. Amplifier and shaker do not work.

Seller company does not have efficient technical information. Please let me know your soloutions, thanks.  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,321 Views)
The 1071 is just a chassis with nothing in it. You need to find out what kind of signal to provide to the amplifier in order to control it. What physical interface is this existing software using?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(5,314 Views)

There is a real time vibration controller hardware VCS 403 based on NI-PXI. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,298 Views)
I'm not sure I understand. You apparently have a pxi system with boards you are unwilling to identify and custom software from a company that won't help you? What sort of solution do you expect from here? Do you want help in writing brand new software?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,289 Views)

Sorry, I thoght using 1071 for this controller is usual or may be some one have similar system because this package usually recommended by SPEKTRA. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,282 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author imanflash
Again, the 1071 is just a chassis. It has to have some specific cards in it and you still have not identified those cards.

In any case, you'll need to get help from the vendor of the custom software unless you intend to write something else and need help with that.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,280 Views)

The VCS403 is a Vibration Control System based on NI PXI technology, using LabVIEW-RT on PXI and a user interface on PC written in LabVIEW. The device is delivered with setup instructions and documentation, also a 2 hours free phone support is offered for customers.

Look up the SPEKTRA Dresden web site.

Here is the right email for support: Matthias.Woog@Spektra-dresden.de

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,238 Views)