From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIT 1553 RT support

I guess my answer won't help you alot, i just want to point out that the AIM 1553 board works quite OK with Labview, as long as you stick with BSP version 1111. Not the most user-friendly API though.

I you ever need to buy another board...

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 21
(2,706 Views)

I had an unrelated issue with the same AIT 1553 (using VeriStand and LabVIEW 2013) running on PXI.  The code ran and built correctly on PC, but would not run on PXI with a 1003 Error.  In order to get this to run, I had to copy aiMil_LVRT.dll to the destination directory on the PXI, even though I had installed AIT 1553 drivers on the PXI.  I tried several ways (unsuccessfully) to have builder for the Custom Device include this dll for deployment.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21
(2,499 Views)

Did you try using VeriStand's "Add Custom Device Dependencies" function?

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372846H-01/veristandmerge/vs_add_custom_device_dependencies_...

It should let you specifiy the depedent DLLs that the custom device needs so that they are autodeployed!

Craig H. | CLA CTA CLED | Applications Engineer | NI Employee 2012-2023
Message 13 of 21
(2,490 Views)

This seems like a promising option, but I have been unable to get it to work.  I keep getting "File Not Found" error when deploying.  Options:

Source.Path == C:\Dina\aiMil_LVRT.dll  [Note: Have a longer path, but put the file here for simplification]

Source.Type == Absolute

RT Destination == C:\ni-rt\VeriStand\Custom Devices\IMU1553\aiMil_LVRT.dll   [Note: also tried C:\temp]

ForceDownload? = F   [Note: also tried T]

Supported Target == PharLap   [Note: also tried Windows and Pharlap & Windows]

I'm also exploring using depvs, but have not been able to get that to work either.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21
(2,480 Views)

As far as I know devps files are for deploying Model Depdencies, I don't know if they will work for custom devices.

The "Add Custom Device Dependencies" VI should work, it's used in the Scan Engine Ethercat Custom Device. If you open the "Scan Engine.lvproj" and navigate to this VI:

Scan Engine Ethercat VI.png

You'll notice it's used here:

Add Custom Device Dependencies.png

The source code for the custom device can be found here:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-15510

Hopefully by comparing this implementation to yours you can get this to work.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 21
(2,461 Views)

I have a model as well as custom devices, so I'm OK with whatever mechanism will get the llb over to the PXI.  Unfortunately, all downlinks for "Scan Engine" are broken, so thanks for the snapshots.  I believe I have the function implemented correctly however I still get an error.  I have attached a file with snapshots of my implementation, the error message and a DOS screeen showing tha the source file exists as does the destination directory.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21
(2,448 Views)

From your screenshots it looks like the VI has been placed in the RT Driver VI and the system is throwing an error that the VI cannot be found. This is an expected error because this VI is intended to be used in the configuration part of the custom device.

Note that custom devices create two libraries:

-Configuration

-Driver

The configuration component defines how the custom device can be configured within the system definition. I expect this "Add Custom Device Dependencies" VI to be used in the configuration section only.

The driver component is what gets deployed to the target and executed within the VeriStand engine. Once the RT Driver VI code gets executed VeriStand has already deployed everything and is running the system, so it doesn't make sense to add dependencies to the custom device at that time.

To clarify this difference further, note that custom devices come with two different LabVIEW Libraries:

-Custom Device API.lvlib

-Custom Device Utility Library.lvlib

Custom Device APIs.png

The Custom Device API is intended for use within the configuration components of the custom device.

The Custom Device Utility Library is intend for use within the RT Driver code that gets called from the VeriStand Engine.

Does your code work if you use the "Add Custom Device Dependencies" function within the configuration component?

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 21
(2,440 Views)

I moved to code to the Initialization routine and it does transfer files now.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21
(2,436 Views)

Hi, this is my problem:

error.JPG

Some suggest?

Tks

Claudia

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 21
(2,278 Views)

I use a  AIT 1553 card(mode,PXI-1553M-EF-2)  on a WinXP Chassis with labview 2012 develop platform. a LabVIEW Driver,ait1553-win-labview-x86.exe, which is download from http://www.aviftech.com/products/mil-std-1553/pxi-c1553/, is installed successfully. As is shown bellow.

driver

But, it can not work normly. When using a AIT 1553 initialize.vi, it appears a error,seen below.

error.PNG

Is there anyone else coming across this problem?

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(1,975 Views)