PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI board (PXI 6030E) gives -10402 error, VI was working before Labview re-install

I am a new Labview user and I appreciate helpful advice someone can give for this problem.  I have scoured the archives and tried everything I could find to fix the problem but nothing I tried worked.

This VI was working before, we had computer reliability problems so we got a new one (old PC running Server 2003, new PC running XP SP2).  MXI-3 PCI card linking the PXI chassis to the PC.  I installed LV 7.1 and all drivers (IVI Compliance 3.2, VXI 3.51, 488.2 v2.2, NI-DAQ Traditional 7.3, Ni-DAQmx 7.3, Ni-VISA 4.2, NI-CAN 2.2) and rebooted before installing hardware.  The cards are setup in MAX (6608 timing card as device 1).

hardware:
Dell Dimension E521
MXI-3 (8330 PCI card)
PXI-1000B
6030E Analog input cards x 2
6608 timing card
8461 CAN device-net card

Some screenshots of the error and the MAX configuration.  It is being generated by the lvdaq.dll file.  Is there something wrong with my configuration in MAX?  Maybe a hardware problem?  What do you think?

-Alex
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,416 Views)

Hello Alex,

Error -10007 can be thrown for a number of reasons.  In order to diagnose what the exact cause is I would need to see the values of all the input parameters to the AI Config VI is.  A screen shot of the block diagram without execution highlighting on would be great.  If you'd like to do further trouble shooting on your own, these two KnowledgeBase articles look like they may be relevant to your issue (in particular the first link):

Error -10007 When Entering a Valid Channel Number in the Test Panel in MAX
Error -10007 When Using Virtual Channels and Unnamed Channels In the Same Channel String

Cheers,

Brooks
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,399 Views)
Thanks for the help Brooks.

The MAX test panels are all working.  All of the AI channels are unnamed so I don't think that is the problem. 

Below is a screenshot of the AI clock config VI with inputs shown (2 screenshots since I was not sure exactly which one you requested).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,394 Views)

Hello Alex,

The second screen shot in your first post is what we need to look at.  In particular we need to make sure that the inputs to the AI Config, Clock Config, and AI Start are all correct.  Any erroneous inputs to the Config VIs are thrown when you try to start the task.  I'm guessing this is what you provided a screen shot of in your last post, but the second image isn't showing up, please repost this if possible.

Another possible fix would be to upgrade to the current driver version (7.4.4 for Traditional NI-DAQ, and, if you like, 8.7.1 for NI-DAQmx--though in this VI it doesn't look like you're using DAQmx).  Upgrading the driver would fix this issue if it was a bug that has been fixed, or if your current installation is corrupted for some reason.  While this error sounds like it’s probably a configuration parameter issue, if this is the only system you're working with then upgrading the driver wouldn't hurt anything.

Cheers,

Brooks
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,381 Views)

Hi Brooks,

I fixed the problem with the screenshot above, it's working now.  The strange thing is this VI was working before on another computer, so how could it be a problem with the VI?  It seems like the problem is a mis-configuration in the MAX utility but I have the clock card set to device 1, the AI boards set to device 2 and 3 just like when the VI was working.  Is the VISA alias field critical?

-Alex

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,369 Views)
Problem fixed.  The problem was the AI card default setting is for differential inputs.  The VI is using single-ended inputs.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,345 Views)