PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A link between step and report in Report

Is there a way of linking the step items in Steps to the line in Report that describes it? Trawling through the Report section is very confusing when running a large test and a precise correlation to the step that caused the report would make life easier and the job would be done quicker.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,252 Views)
Hi Keithru,

Can I ask if you are working in LabVIEW or Teststand, and if so, which version you are using?

Regards,

Ian Colman
Applications Engineer
National Instruments UK & Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,232 Views)

The version of TestStand is 4 and the Labview used underneath is 8.5.

If the reports could be viewed in the same way as files under UltraEdit it would have been a big lift but what is desparately needed to speed up investigations is the ability to click on a step in the 'Steps' tag and be taken to the correct place in the 'Reports' tag.

The test output is generated by using TestStand and Customised steps. I am not writing these applications but the person who does has asked me to instigate this thread.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,228 Views)
Hi Keith,

There is no way of directly interacting between the Teststand envirmoment and the generated report in the manner that you require. However, Teststand reports can be produced in different formats to suit the requirements of the user, for example, try generating an XML report. With an XML report you can minimise and maximise the various steps to make it easier to find the information relevant to you.

Regards,

Ian Colman
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,218 Views)

Thanks Ian. We had all tried that before resorting to the forum. So it's back to the grindstone once more. Many thanks for your attention.

Keith Rumley

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,215 Views)