PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8184 disk clone does not boot

Hi,

In a PXI 8184 in-crate computer running Windows 2000 Professional I want to replace the hard drive, a Fujitsu MHT2040AH,

40 Gb, before it gives up (9 years old).

I cloned the working drive to another Fijustu, same model. For that the original drive was removed and a backup image created  from which the clone was written. Also, cloning software on Windows 7, Mac OS (disk utilities), made even a Clonezilla live for the 8184 on a USB flash drive were tried. The cloning seem to succeed in all cases. 

Mounting the cloned drive in the 8184, the computer starts, the bios sees the drive, but does not boot the system.

After a short blank screen the computer loops back to the bios screen and so on.

I also tried a cloned SSD drive but was never able to boot the system. At one point the Windows 2000 screen came up and the boot stopped (blue stop screen), complaining about a corrupted disk. I also restored the boot block, which succeeded, but no joy.

I cloned systems before successfully, but here I'm running out of ideas. Is there something special with the 'old' 8184 system boot?

Any suggestions are greatly apreciated.

Gerfried

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(4,663 Views)