From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6528 PXI

Hello All,
I am working on some application which requires PXI 6528. From last two days this Card has stopped responding, i dont know for what reason. When I checked volteges at PIN 49 vs PIN 50 and PIN 99 vs PIN 100 its showing 5 Volts, but rest of the channels/pin are just not responding. I have tried MAX also.

Can any one just tell me is there any other way to test this PXI.
Its a little urgent, please co-operate.

Thank You.
--
Regards,
Sarang Dhananjay Jaiswal
Satyam Development Center, Banglore, INDIA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,777 Views)
Sarang,

Does this device respond to a self-test in MAX? How is it that you are using the device? Are you testing the inputs, or the outputs? If you wire the 5V line (pin 49 or 99) to an input, does it return a high logic level? If you ground the input (to pin 50 or 100) does it return a 0? If you are using digital outputs, are you sure that your external voltage source is functioning correctly? Please let me know, as this will help diagnose the problem.

Regards,
Ryan Verret
Product Marketing Engineer
Signal Generators
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,756 Views)

Hey Ryan,

My PXI 6528 is passing the self test. Actually my project involves testing of few PCB's. We have Coded an application (PCB Test Bench) for testing few board. For that we are connection it to few PXI's in which 6528 is also there.

We are testing both Input as well as outputs. I have already tried giving 5V to input channels but it does not return to Logic High.

Can it be a problem with Chassis ??

--
Regards,
Sarang Dhananjay Jaiswal
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,748 Views)
Sarang,

The fact that the card passes a self test hints that the problem lies on the input or output circuitry of the card. I suppose that the chassis could have a bad power supply - one that is not used for digital communication, but that is less likely. Do you have any other cards in the chassis that are functioning correctly? Are your other 6528s in the same chassis? Do they function correctly? If this turns out to be a problem with the card, please call 1-800-IEEE-488, and ask to speak with an engineer about RMA.

Hope this helps,
Ryan Verret
Product Marketing Engineer
Signal Generators
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,739 Views)
Hey Ryan,

There are few other cards present in Chassis and all are working properly. Is it possible that only the Back panel of the Chassis where PXI 6528 is connected may go faulty or the power supply to only PXI 6528 may go faulty.

I am already in touch with our NI India Application Engineer's.
RMA has to be done once we confirm that this PXI is faulty.

Thank You.

--
Regards,
Sarang Dhananjay Jaiswal
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,732 Views)