From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

PXI

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6123 S-Series DAQ - Triggering issue using the PFI 0 Analog In Trigger

All,

I'm trying to trigger my VI to aquire data when it gets a signal on PFI 0.  I'm using the DAQmx Reference Trigger VI to read the trigger signal.  This works when I use any Analog Input as the trigger.  However, I would like to use the trigger input so I can aquire 8 channels of data.  The error I get when I try to run the VI is:

------------------------
Possible reason(s):
An attempt has been made to use an invalid analog trigger source.
Ensure that the trigger source you specify matches the name of the virtual channel in the task or matches the name of a non-scannable terminal that the device can use as an analog trigger source.
Property: Ref.AnlgEdge.Src
Corresponding Value: /Top/ai/StartTrigger
Valid Choices: Top/ai0, Top/ai1, Top/ai2, Top/ai3, Top/ai4, Top/ai5, Top/ai6, Top/ai7
Task Name: _unnamedTask
------------------------

Does anyone know how to set a VI to use the PFI 0/ Analog Input Start Trigger terminal?

Thank you.  Your help is greatly appreciated.

APatel
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,917 Views)
Hi APatel,

On page 13-3 of the S-Series Manual it is specified that the source of an analog trigger can be any analog input channel. On the NI 6110/6111 and NI 6115/6120, the
source can also be the PFI 0/AI START TRIG pin.

Your 6123 can use channels ai0 through ai7 as the source for an analog trigger. Just to be clear, you can include this trigger signal in your 8 channels of acquired data without problem.

I would look at the following KB for information regarding the different types of triggering. It might be possible to use a digital trigger or other option instead.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/2835#toc3

Message Edited by evanp on 04-25-2008 12:26 PM

Evan Prothro
RF Systems Engineer | NI

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,899 Views)