New Zealand LabVIEW Users Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New CLD in Auckland, NZ

Hi other User Group members,

I just wanted to say hello to you folks. I just moved to Auckland from the States and am a CLD with a good amount of LabVIEW experience working for an automation firm in Chicago.

Besides saying hello, I would like to open up a chat in case anyone has any LabVIEW news, questions, novel items to share. Also, I am currently starting my job search here in Auckland, and if anyone has any recommendations or any insights on a company or group that made need a LabVIEW developer, I would appreciate any guidance.

All the best,
Dan Lawler

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(8,972 Views)

Hi Dan.

Don't know if you are still looking but our company could always use more developers:

http://www.fphcare.co.nz/contact-us/job-inquiries/

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(8,219 Views)

Thanks for the reply. Funny enough, we are co-workers now. I started as a Process Developement Engineer for OSA about 5 weeks ago. I still have not done any LabVIEW work, but it is only a matter of time as we use a fair amount of LabVIEW and Teststand.

Cheers,

Dan Lawler

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(8,219 Views)

That's great. Our OSA team could use your experience.

If you are ever out our way (Paykel building) stop by for a chat.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(8,219 Views)

Hi guys,

that sounds rather great. I thought it rather funny you applied to the same company suggested. Do you still like it there?  The company sounds quite amazing. How is working there? Do you still need additional manpower and knowledge?

I ask because I am considering to relocate to New Zealand. I somehow fall in love with that country and as I need a new perspective I thought I give it a shot.

Right now I work as a lead engineer at an NI alliance partner; CLD (Do my CLA exam next month and hope I won't miss with 1 point again...)

I am responsible there for the software (CANoe residual bus simulation and LabVIEW) within the electric/electronic testing and climate testing department.

I have been with NI Germany for almost 3 years before (Got acqainted with TestStand there but never got round to use it, I like LabVIEW OOP more and TestStand is great if you have more than 200 steps).

The topic that company is working on sounds rather familiar. I had biophysical measurement techniques as a focus fold during my  final exam as a physicist (dipl.ing.univ.)

This company seems to be a good employer. Are you still working there?

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(8,219 Views)
Hi, I moved to Auckland from Bangalore last year - 2019. I completed My master's program in Mechatronics and I am CLD with 3 years of LabVIEW experience. I was wondering if you have any recommendations where I could work as a Labview developer in 2020. I would appreciate your guidance.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,722 Views)

I just saw that post and wondered why nobody answered it.
Long story short there is a very short list of experts around.
So a good market to be in.

So what is in the job market is:

CPE Systems

Braemac
Fisher Paykel (any)
Rocketlab

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,060 Views)