From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Nebraska LabVIEW User Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone using the RIO Embedded CAN library?

Recently I've had the opportunity to learn a little more about CAN, RIO, and the integration of the two; this naturally led me to the RIO Embedded CAN library. Everything seems straight forward and easy to use except the CAN Write - I keep generating error -35011 at the CAN Write. Has anyone seen this before? Any ideas?

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(8,180 Views)

tperson,

If you're dealing with a possibly undocumented error code, you can always try doing a Ctrl+F to search your code, with that VI open, for the text "-35011".  This should at least show you where the error code is being sourced from and uncover what condition causes that error.

Dustin D

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,637 Views)

Dustin,

I believe that you are correct, but this only works when the (sub)VI's are unlocked; right? If I had the super-secret password I'd be able to determine where this orginates....wanna share it with us?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,637 Views)

I took a look inside the VI and unfortunately the error code is returned from a call library function node.  There isn't anything in the G code that can help us out here. The CAN team will have to help out here.  I took a quick look and it looks like you already started a service request for this issue.  That will be your best bet in figuring out what conditions cause that error.

Regards,

Jon S.
National Instruments
LabVIEW NXG Product Owner
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,637 Views)