From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI مناقشة حول منتجات

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCTV Camera LabView interface

Hi, i have 2 CCTV cameras which have their own program to preview, but how can I grab them on labview and what are the modules that i have to work with ??

can anyone give me an example vi for this ? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(12,608 Views)
Well, first you need to determine what are the protocols the cameras work on. Then, we can figure out the best way to get you up and running. If you don't know the protocols, be sure to post a link to the specification documents of both cameras, and maybe we can help you from there.
Message Edited by Adnan Z on 03-26-2010 10:16 AM
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(12,604 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(12,597 Views)

these are the specifications of the card, it is a BCN input type

Specifications

Input Type

BNC

BNC X 4

DType

DB15 X 2

Video Input(s)

1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16 Cams

Audio Input(s)

1 Channel

Total Recording Rate At 320 X 240 Resolution / MPEG (ASP)

30 fps (NTSC), 25 fps (PAL)

Display Rate

30 fps (NTSC), 25 fps (PAL)

Video Resolution NTSC/PAL

Full D1, Half D1, CIF

Compression Format

Geo MPEG4, Geo MPEG4 (ASP), Geo H264, Geo H264 V2

GVA16 Support

Yes

GVNET Card Support

Yes

GVNET/IO Card Support

Yes

Dimensions (W x H)

GV600 BNC / DType : 145 x 98 (mm) / 5.71 x 3.86 (in)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(12,585 Views)
OK it seems like it might be connected through serial based on the specifcations that you have provided. These seem like specifications for the card instead of the camera but I believe that's how you are interfacing with them. Now, what sort of software do you use to talk to the camera usually? Has there been provided by the company that sells those? Do you have link for the cameras and the card you are using?
Adnan Zafar
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(12,579 Views)

it is 1/4 sharp camera and it is color ccd camera connected with a coaxial cable to the card

hope that is helpful 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(12,576 Views)
http://www.geovision.com.tw/

this is the offecial site of the card
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(12,572 Views)
I am not sure if you understand me correctly but what I am looking for is the exact spec document of the camera and the card that you are using. You cannot expect me to go through the website to find that information.
Adnan Zafar
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(12,556 Views)
If you installed Vision Acquisition Software, you can check if your camera is listed in MAX under cameras category while it is connected.  If your camera appears there, then it will be available also for acquisition from LABVIEW.
Waleed El-Badry MSc.,MCPD, ISTQB Certified Tester
Assistant Lecturer
Mechatronics Department
Faculty of Engineering
Misr University for Science & Technology

View Waleed El-Badry's profile on LinkedIn

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(12,518 Views)

That's NOT true. LabVIEW can connect to any instrument, you just need to know the protocol and figure out how to talk to it (if possible) through LabVIEW. The camera will not show up in Vision Acquisition Software if it communicates through a DLL or ActiveX interface. In any case, have a look at the release notes of the VAS. And, here is another important link: Industrial Camera Advisor.

Adnan Zafar
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(12,514 Views)