cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Multisim Touch for iPad Now Available

asloane
NI Employee (retired)

Hello Circuit Designers,

I wanted to let everyone know that Multisim Touch for iPad is now available on iTunes. The newest addition to the Multisim lineup provides engineers, educators and students a platform to design and simulate analog circuits anywhere. This low-cost, native SPICE simulation and design app allows users to quickly build circuits with a library of common devices and visualize performance in an interactive graphical environment.

Multisim Scematic_Capture for iPad ss.jpg

Building a circuit is simply a matter of tapping components from the component bins and dragging on to the workspace. Tap a terminal to begin a wire and the tap a destination to complete the connection. Multisim Touch supports rotate components, voltage and current probes, set component values, undo/redo and many other standard features of the full Multisim desktop versions. These Multisim Touch Getting Started Videos give a good introduction to creating and simulating a design.

To share and store circuit files Multisim Touch provides integration with email and DropboxTM. A design on the tablet can be shared with other Multisim Touch users. If the design is ready to be integrated into a more sophisticated project it can also be opened in Multisim for the desktop. Circuit designers can then take advantage of the advanced technology of Multisim on the desktop including more analyses, more components as well as integration to PCB layout (Ultiboard) or connection to NI hardware such as NI myDAQ, NI ELVIS and LabVIEW.

Please let me know if you have any feedback or questions on this or any other Multisim topics.

Campbell B

National Instruments

Comments
RichEMC

Multisim Touch is an outstanding program at an amazing price!  Our company uses NI Multisim Pro and this is a great tool that enhances usefulness.  We are grateful for the Airdrop feature, we share amongst ourselves and this makes it seamless.

Had a few questions,

* Is it possible to save a Multisim Touch file format in Multisim Pro 13.0?  I have previous designs I would like to put into Multisim Touch.

* Is it possible to send SPICE netlists to Multisim Touch?

* Would be nice to be able edit the SPICE netlist in future releases.

Mahmoud_W
NI Employee (retired)

Great to hear this feedback.

Unfortunately since Multisim Touch supports a limited component library only, the export is only unidirectional from Touch to the desktop and not the other way around. The same applies to the Netlist.

We will definiteyl consider this feedback in future releases.

Thank you

WilsonLih

Hi, does multisim touch update will add more components inside. Because is really little components.

sameerato@gmail.com

thanks. send me what a feature with version

thanks.

sameera

srilanka

robo_Jeff
NI Employee (retired)

Multisim Touch, the iPad app for Multisim, has been removed from the iTunes store as of September 16th 2016 and can no longer be purchased or re-downloaded. Current users of Multisim Touch will still have uninterrupted access to the app so long as the user has not upgraded to iOS 10 and it has not been deleted from the iPad. 

The release of Multisim Live represents the future of touch-optimized Multisim. It contains both analog an digital components and can be used with any browser on any device. No installation needed! It's free to join and use, and an active Multisim (for desktop) license gives access to Multisim Live Premium features.