cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flight and Camera Electronics for a Satellite System

asloane
NI Employee (retired)

Hello Circuit Designers,

How do you use Multisim in your workplace? I recently came across an interesting whitepaper on using Multisim, LabVIEW and PXI to verify the design of flight and optical electronics for a satellite system that I wanted to share with the community.

Design Flow.jpg

Due to the harsh conditions, i.e. outer space, in which the satellite would be operating the accuracy of this design was of utmost importance. There were three stages to the design flow:

1. The design was captured and simulated in Multisim and presented to management for approval.
  2. The approved design was validated with LabVIEW and  Multisim
  3. The completed design was handed off to a layout team to build a prototype for further design validation

The final design prototype was connected to the PXI hardware. LabVIEW SignalExpress was used to acquire these real measurements. With real measurements being acquired through LabVIEW SignalExpress, and with the transfer of simulated data, we can correlate both sets of data. By viewing the differences between the data, the process of benchmarking and validating performance is easily done.

For the complete whitepaper on using Multisim, LabVIEW and PXI to effectively prototype a design see Flight and Camera Electronics for a Satellite System – A NI Multisim National Lab Application. For other interesting case studies and whitepapers on using Multisim in industry visit this location.

Campbell B

National Instruments