From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NIYANTRA Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Group A] NIYANTRA 2013:Ask Your Mentor

Sir,

My team is working on a blink sensor based communication and locomotion module for the paralyzed.

I need to know what is the name hardware is to be used to burn my LV onto (for stand alone status). we require that module to be able to interface with a monitor (normal desktop) via a hdmi cable to display a picture. and a few indicators.

ps: I am not comfortable with posting my vi on the forum. I would be only humbled if you could provide an email id to furnish the same, as i have completed a vi which demonstrates the working of our module with a button which sumulates our sensor ( to be interfaced via usb 6009).

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 25
(2,386 Views)

Hi Abhinandan,

From your message, I could understand that you are trying to acquire a signal from blink sensor. Based upon this signal you are trying to control some thing. Right now you are using 6009 for both acquisition and control and therefore you need a laptop. Now, you want to move it to some platform that will make it stand alone. Have I udestood your question correctly?

If yes, then you can use a sbRIO (if voltage levels of your sensor are compatible, please check sbrio specifications on ni.com to ensure that), for making your system autonomous. However, if you already have a 6009, and have completed your code with that, and you are happy with the performance of the code, you may use that itself (with the laptop) in your final system.

You can submit your progress report and VI etc as per the communication you would have recieved couple of days back.

Hope this answers your question.

abhinandan wrote:

Sir,

My team is working on a blink sensor based communication and locomotion module for the paralyzed.

I need to know what is the name hardware is to be used to burn my LV onto (for stand alone status). we require that module to be able to interface with a monitor (normal desktop) via a hdmi cable to display a picture. and a few indicators.

ps: I am not comfortable with posting my vi on the forum. I would be only humbled if you could provide an email id to furnish the same, as i have completed a vi which demonstrates the working of our module with a button which sumulates our sensor ( to be interfaced via usb 6009).

Chinmay Anand Misra
CLD
Technical Marketing Engineer
NI IndRA
Message 22 of 25
(2,386 Views)

thank you sir,

sbRIO was exactly what i was looking for.

on another note,

I have completed the project report document.dox as instructed.

I have mailed the same with the project abstract and a vi which simulates the basic functioning of the project.

We are required to make a video of our module. This is a requirement of the second round.

To complete the module, we require hardware from other sources too. For this, we require to draw up a budget.

This can be initiated only after we receive approval of the requested loan. Hence,I request you to provide clarifications listed.

I would like to know the mode of communication of the approval of hardware loan requests:-

1. Would it be done as a final listing (as done for the results of the first round of the contest "NI Yantra")
  2. If yes, what is the waiting period involved for the announcement of the list of approved loans?

OR

3.  Would it be communicated to the team via email?

4.  If yes, will we receive communication even if the request is not approved?

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 25
(2,386 Views)

Sir, My abstract is attached here and I want to interface different sensors such as pressure sensor, ir sensor etc with microcontroller and need an image processing device for locking system at door.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 25
(2,386 Views)

Sir,

can we use atmega8 as our microcontroller? or is it compulsary to use one of NI's products as the controller? we wish to simulate the circuit in labview are there any good tutorials available for this? our project has HC SR04 ultrasonic sensor, is it possible to show a circuit simulation using this sensor in labview:?

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 25
(2,386 Views)